Sadly, I need to be very careful when buying from there from now on, since a good deal of their inventory is made in China. Be specially wary of their glassware.
However, it is not all a loss. Their sheets, for example. They have Marimekko sheets. They are designed in Finland, and at least some of the designs are made in Pakistan. I bought some of those after asking customer service about it. Their labeling online is not good (the dratted imported tag), but their customer service will have an answer (within a couple of days), and their products in the physical store are well labeled.
So this is a mixed review of Crate and Barrel. I'll keep patronizing there for now, with cautious optimism.
A note when talking to customer service. I try not to be confrontational. I never ask: is this made in China? I ask: where is this made? I feel that is more neutral.

No comments:
Post a Comment