Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Store Post: Lush

I love Lush. Toiletries can be a tricky thing to get not made in China. I like this store for other reasons, too, though. I first bought their soap when I was in Berlin in January 2004, and their only stores in the US were in California. They screwed up ringing up my credit card and gave me two sample soaps, it was great.  I've loved them ever since. The soap I bought lasted me a long, long time, and I don't think I've ever been truly disappointed with something I bought there. I've even converted some people to the store. 

Many of their products are made in store, with the name of the person who made it. Some of their more complicated products are made in their main facility in Vancouver, Canada. And many of their products are amazing. They had a product -- sadly currently discontinued -- that did wonders for my chronic dandruff. Got rid of it like nothing else. Since that product was discontinued, I changed to another shampoo of theirs, Rehab, that also did wonders for my scalp and I have healthy hair again -- within two washes. Their soaps all smell wonderful. They also have lots of "packaging free" products, like bar shampoos, bar body butters, deodorants, etc. 

Their products are a bit on the pricey side, especially for soap. However, although their shampoo is more pricey, I found it nicer for my hair, and I really only need to use a tiny bit to do the same task. Very efficient. Same with body butter bars and solid shampoos. 

No comments: