Monday, November 17, 2008

Start.

I've been haphazardly boycotting Chinese (PRC) products since January 2008, with mixed success. I'm getting better. My reasons are miscellaneous, and at some point I might elaborate on them, but not right now. The purpose of this blog is not to elaborate on the reasons one might want to boycott China in particular, but to provide a resource for those who do want to--what to look for, what products and stores are safe, and how to deal with unusual situations.  It is also meant to discuss the pitfalls and joys one encounters in trying to live around a personal boycott. 

I'm a firm believer in capitalism, and as such, I register that my dollar is my vote, and I'm trying to live in a way consistent to that. If nothing else, it is an interesting exercise.

No comments: